Test your current internet speed
Before you get started, test your current internet speed. Use your speed test result as a baseline and compare the results as you go through your journey on reaching a faster internet connection.Internet Speed Tester
To enjoy an uninterrupted streaming experience, it’s essential to have not just a high-speed internet connection but also a router that can access that speed. Firestick is one of the major sources of entertainment in most homes today. HD streaming on a Firestick consumes loads of internet data. To keep up with the streaming quality, you need to have a robust Wi-Fi router that can handle the data demands. Otherwise, you’ll just encounter buffering issues.
The good thing is that you needn’t spend a fortune to purchase the best Wi-Fi router for your Firestick. In this post, we’ll list some good ones to help you gain a seamless streaming experience.
1. TP-Link Archer AXE75
This is a reasonably priced, full-featured router that future-proofs your network. It is easy to install and lets you connect to the 6GhZ radio band. If you want to ensure a solid throughput performance, use this wireless router. It has a wide signal coverage and is quite easy to manage and install.
In the absence of a good router, your Firestick will always give a poor performance. If you want to speed up your slow Firestick, removing unwanted apps, clearing the app cache, and keeping the device updated are crucial.
Besides, a router like the TP-Link Archer AXE75 will give you a data rate of up to 574Mbps. It is easily the best Wi-Fi router with robust parental controls and primary network security tools.
- Has a HomeShield software
- Comes with a mesh
- Affordably priced ($200)
- Absence of multi-gig ports
- Some features need a subscription
2. Netgear Nighthawk 5-Stream AX5
This is a 5-stream, dual-band gigabit router with a massive coverage of 2000 square feet for 25 devices. The router is compatible with any internet service, giving up to 1 GBPS. It also has security and parental controls and a blazing fast speed of up to 4.2 GBPS. This is the speed that you need to download and stream content at a lightning pace. It is the best Wi-Fi router to stream movies, video calls, and gaming uninterruptedly.
- Simple setup and management
- Supports the most recent 1G internet plans
- Highly reliable for 25 smart home devices
- Is equipped with the NETGEAR Armour all-in-one internet security.
- Absence of multi-gig WAN port.
3. TP-Link Archer AX6000
If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi router in terms of affordability and range, the TP-Link Archer AX6000 won’t disappoint you. The dual-band wireless router provides a wireless signal with both a 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz band. It has an excellent range. The router reaches upwards of 100 feet inside, so it is ideal for large homes.
- Fast performance
- Comes with Homecare, which is a part of the TP-Link Homecare security system, providing a lifetime warranty.
- It can be used with Alexa.
- Pricier than other routers
- The device isn’t lightweight
4. TRENDnet AC3000 Tri-Band Gigabit Wireless Router
A one-of-its-kind business router, the AC3000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi router provides support for WLAN and VPN applications and features dual-WAN ports. It’s hand down the best Wi-Fi router for business networks. The device gives optimized performance and supports three Wi-Fi bands to enhance the networking speeds of the device.
The device has an encrypted remote LAN access, as it features a VPN. It also has eight gigabit LAN ports, one console, and one USB port.
- Integrated with router limits, enabling business owners to gain complete control of their company’s internet access.
- Has two WAN connections to balance speed.
- Tri-Bands provide an excellent range
- Does not provide malware protection
5. TP-Link Archer A20
If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi router with a powerful processor, look no further than TP-Link Archer A20. It is a great option for Firestick users because of a speed that facilitates uninterrupted 4k streaming. The router has 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz speeds. Equipped with Wave 2 802.11ac technology, it permits simultaneous data streaming and direct-to-client signal beamforming.
- The best Wi-Fi router to stream uninterruptedly in 4k.
- Users receive 512 MB RAM with four antennas on the router’s exterior.
- Delivers excellent file-transfer performance.
- The router has a middling signal range performance.
6. Asus AC5300 Tri-Band Router
Do you frequently stream 4k videos or engage in games online? In that case, you will need good signal strength, and Asus AC5300 is the best Wi-Fi router for this purpose. The device gives an impressive 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz throughput. It also comes with various management settings.
This router is ideal for large homes that demand a lot of bandwidth for 4k video and online gaming. It leverages 802.11ac technology and three separate radio bands to deliver an ideal throughput to various users.
- Very fast throughput
- The router is MU-MIMO enabled
- Varied management settings
- It can feel slightly expensive
Your search for the best Wi-Fi router for Firestick can now be over. All the options listed above are very effective and will help you stream content without glitches. Feature-rich with the latest technologies, the routers have wide coverage. So you can enjoy buffer-free streaming anytime.
The visionary founder behind SpeedtestGo, an innovative platform dedicated to helping users measure and optimize their internet speed. With a deep-rooted love for technology and a mission to empower individuals with reliable internet connections, Shawn has created a remarkable space where users can test their internet speed and gain valuable insights and information through engaging blog content.